Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Welcome to My Modest Opinion

I don't know how many people will read this blog or care about what I have to say.  I don't even know if I will talk about myself or even reveal my identity. I just feel the need to put my thoughts and opinions in writing. To express myself in words. To get some stuff off my chest....

Most of my opinions will be about political issues but I have other thoughts about media, music, religion, products and society at large. My opinions are deeply rooted in my own beliefs, some of which I may share, some I may not. I feel very strongly about my beliefs so I'm usually not very easily convinced to change an opinion, but I do listen to what others have to say and consider their viewpoints even if I ultimately disagree.

I don't affiliate myself with one party.  I consider myself an Independent because I have a real distaste for both of the major parties and don't see any of the minor parties that reflect my views. Most of the time I hold my nose and vote for Republicans only because of their stance on certain social issues or because their opponents usually have a more radical position on social issues that I disagree with strongly.  I actually hate politicians and politics because I think much of it is pandering for popularity instead of governing and leadership.


I hope that people will read this blog and respond to what I have to say. I enjoy discussion and debate, but I won't engage in flame wars (ad hominem attacks and name-calling) and arguing for the sake of argument. If you have a question or want to offer a reasoned opinion, I would love to interact with you. If you can disagree without being disagreeable, I will try to do the same.

So.... here we go. Let's get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment